5-7-19 (Tuesday) Day 9
Weight: 141.9 (new low)
Finally had a great night sleep which explains the new weight low. So great we overslept and Anna got to school an hour later than normal. It happens, we were both so tired from being sick. When I dropped her off at school I told her to tell the secretary I wasn’t even mad we were late. Lol (She laughed).
Sleep is crucial for weight management. Lack of sleep, inconsistent sleep, and ill quality sleep can be a big barrier for fat loss or muscle gain which is why you will hear me report on my sleep a lot throughout this prep. I’ve worked with several clients in the past who work swing shift or third shift, or who have restless sleep or other sleep problems and it was difficult for most of them to achieve their respective physique goals whether it was fat loss or muscle gain.
Here’s a quick study on the association between sleep duration (short and long term) and weight gain: https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geKLtoO9JciUoApnlXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTExcjZhcGFzBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVUlDMV8xBHNlYwNzcg–/RV=2/RE=1557310441/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov%2fpmc%2farticles%2fPMC2279744%2f/RK=2/RS=oiKGm99.mP3ElxsaamZ4O49SFL8-
Anyways I felt like a million bucks today and finished all my work early so I decided to train. Pull day it was!! Pull downs and rack pulls felt awesome and then everything else was a bit of a struggle and I was breathing a bit heavier by the end of the session. Endurance was shit basically but It’s ok it will come back. I did complete it and hit the sauna for about 20 minutes after and felt a lot better.
When I went to pick up Anna from her dad’s I said, “Everyone in your dad’s neighborhood has their junk out.” She died laughing, “What?!?” Me, “You know, it’s spring trash pick up…there’s furniture and junk at the end of everyone’s driveway!” LOL I will do anything to make my daughter laugh.
My digestion is crazy good now and I got a good number of calories in today as well. That makes me really happy.
I almost for got that Sunday was the four year anniversary of my rotator cuff surgery in 2015 (Cinco de Mayo) and that’s why I used that pic for today. My shoulder feels good. It’s not perfect but I survived and thank God for muscle memory and hard work. Recovery was a long ordeal that took about a year and a half to return from. This respiratory crap was pretty mild lasting only a couple few weeks. Both are good reminders that removing our health really makes us appreciate it. I am so thankful for what my body can do. It shames me when I don’t take advantage of that. Ungrateful is the ugliest things you can wear.
Calories: 1905 164gP 205gC 51gF
(scapula strengthening hang movement on assisted dip)
- Neutral grip pull down 2-3 build sets then 2 work sets failing between 8-10 reps 1 more set reduced weight 25% to failure 110lbs 11, 10 90lbs 13
- Smith Rack pull 2-3 build sets then 2 work sets failing between 8-10 reps 80lbs 9, 7
- DB row 1 warm up set then 2 work sets failing between 8-10 reps 1 more set reduced weight 25% to failure 60lbs 12, 10 45lbs 14
- SS Hammer pull over with Hammer shrug 1 warm up then 2 work sets 90lbs and 90lbs 10/10 9/9
- Kneeling dual cable pull-downs SS with Rear delts on the side lateral machine 85lbs 10lbs 9/14 8/12 (did several build sets, like 4-5 trying to get to a working weight)
- Incline DB curls 3×8-12 reps then one set of 21’s to finish 15’s 9,8 & 30lb bar for 21’s
Leave any comments or questions!